To ensure you are happy with the offering price, you must see and accept it before payment is made. If you decide not to sell your gold and platinum, we will return it free of charge.Return to Top
1. What if my jewelry contains diamonds or gemstones?
The payout value we offer you is based on gold or platinum content only. We do not return or compensate for any diamonds or other gemstones that are set in your jewelry. You MUST have all diamonds or gemstones removed before sending to us. We may, at our sole discretion, return your merchandise to you if we determine the value of the gemstones outweighs the value of the gold or platinum, but we are under no obligation to make such determination.
2. What gold or platinum items are acceptable? What items are not acceptable?
We accept all gold karats: 10, 14, 18, 22 and 24 karat or European equivalent (note that all dental gold must be 16K or more) and all platinum. Kinked, knotted, tangled, damaged and broken pieces are perfectly fine to sell.
|Rings||Toe Rings||Class Rings|
|16K Dental Gold|
The following items are NOT acceptable for exchange at this time:
- Sterling silver, including jewelry, flatware and service sets.
- Investment metals like gold bars, coins or bullion.
- Stainless steel jewelry.
- Diamonds, pearls or gemstones in gold or platinum settings. PLEASE have all gemstones removed before sending.
- Any metal that tests prove not to be gold or platinum.
- Items with price tags or manufacturing tags attached.
- Watches or pocket watches.
3. How will my valuables be transported safely from my home to Zales Gold Exchange?
Once you register online, we will send you a packet of information. This packet contains a return UPS envelope to ship your gold and platinum items to the Zales Gold Exchange for review and processing. Your shipment is then trackable via the UPS tracking system, and is also insured up to $500 against theft or loss. You can send us your items in three easy steps:
- Check the accuracy of your personal information on your provided Zales Gold Exchange bag. Put your gold and platinum items in the bag.
- Place your Zales Gold Exchange bag in the prepaid, pre-addressed UPS envelope we've enclosed.
- Call UPS for free pickup at your door (where available). Or leave the envelope at your nearest UPS drop-off location. For UPS locations and services, visit UPS.com or call 1-800-742-5877.
4. How much will it cost me to ship my items to Zales Gold Exchange?
It costs you absolutely nothing. Both shipping your items to us and return shipping (if required) including insurance, is covered by Zales Gold Exchange.
5. May I send my items by mail or using a private carrier other than UPS?
We only accept items shipped by customers who have pre-registered with us online or over the phone, and have been assigned a unique transaction and barcode number. However, you may choose to use your own packaging rather than the envelope we have provided. In that case, simply affix the UPS label provided and send the package to:
ZGE (Attn: RD)
P.O. Box 18490
Fairfeld, Ohio 45018
6. I live outside the United States. Can I still use Zales Gold Exchange?
At this time we accept gold and platinum only from residents of the United States with a street address (no post office boxes, please).
7. How much material can I send?
We will purchase any amount of gold or platinum jewelry you wish to sell up to $2,500 per shipment. If you believe your items are valued at over $500, please call for special insurance and shipping arrangements. In addition if you have more items than the supplied bag will hold or if the items you are submitting are large and bulky, please call us at 1-877-731-3267.
8. What about insurance? What if my shipment gets damaged or lost in transit?
Your prepaid UPS shipping label is insured for $500 at our expense. If you believe the total value of your items is more than $500, please email us at info@ZalesGoldExchange.com or call us at 1-877-731-3267 to arrange additional insurance for your shipment.
9. How will I know when my package has safely arrived at Zales Gold Exchange?
If you provided us with your email address, we will send you a confirmation email when your packet arrives. You can also use the provided UPS tracking number to verify your packet has been delivered. This number is on your shipping envelope and can be tracked by going to UPS.com or calling 1-800-742-5877.
The initial unpacking and weighing of your gold and platinum will be documented by video webcam. You will observe your package - in the skilled hands of our knowledgeable, experienced staff - and be able to watch us remove everything you packed. This video will be available for you in your personal account on ZalesGoldExchange.com.
10. How much will Zales Gold Exchange pay me for my items?
We use three critical factors to determine the value of your items:
The purity (karat value or percentage) of the gold or platinum
- 10K is 41.6% pure gold
- 14K is 58.3% pure gold
- 18K is 75% pure gold
- 22K is 91.7% pure gold
- 24K is 100% pure gold
- The weight of the item(s) - excluding any stones, pearls, etc;
- The market price of gold or platinum on the day of settlement, based on that afternoon's London Fix.
Our jewelers assay your gold and platinum using the highest and most up-to-date standards which have been established by industry leaders. We will then make you an offer via email or phone.
11. Can I find out how much Zales Gold Exchange will pay me before I receive my check?
As soon as your payment amount is determined, we will email you with the result. You are encouraged to log on to ZalesGoldExchange.com and review your detailed Zales Gold Exchange Settlement Report. You may also email us at info@ZalesGoldExchange.com, or call us at 1-877-731-3267 if you have questions.
12. What if I am not satisfied with the payment amount?
If you are not happy with the payment amount offered by Zales Gold Exchange, you may reject the offer and your items will be returned to you via UPS insured package. If you initially accept our offer and then change your mind, you have up to 30 days or until you cash or deposit the check proffered in payment to contact us and arrange return of your items. For in-depth details about this process, see the Material Return section of our Terms and Conditions. You may also contact us by email at info@ZalesGoldExchange.com or call us at 1-877-731-3267 if you have any questions.
13. How can Zales Gold Exchange ensure the safety and security of my valuables?
We take security extremely seriously, and assume full responsibility for your valuables while they are on our premises. All deliveries are monitored using multiple surveillance cameras and are immediately logged into our system. The initial unpacking and weighing of your items are documented by video webcam. You can log into your account on ZalesGoldExchange.com at any time and watch the video of your items being unpacked, weighed and graded.
Every item is weighed twice during processing. Our sophisticated system of checks and balances ensures we offer our customers the highest level of transparency in the industry, with cameras recording each and every critical step.
We appreciate that you trust us with your valuables; your peace of mind is extremely important to us. Unless they are being stored in our vaults, we will never leave your items unattended.
14. Can I talk to someone about my jewelry packet or offer?
It’s important that you not bring your jewelry to our Zales stores for sale or consultation. Zales stores do not directly purchase or provide guidance on the jewelry for sale. Our customer service representatives are available to talk to you throughout the entire process. You can either email us at info@ZalesGoldExchange.com or call us toll free at 1-877-731-3267. Our Customer Service hours are Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Eastern Time. We always look forward to serving you!